Brand Finance Banking 500 2019.
Published on 04.02.2019
Every year, Brand Finance values the world’s biggest brands. The 500 most valuable and strongest banking brands in the world are included in the Brand Finance Banking 500 ranking and published in The Banker magazine.
- Led by ICBC as the world’s most valuable banking brand (US$79.8 billion), China’s banks dominate top four spots of the ranking
- Chinese banks grow 28%, achieving US$407 billion in total brand value, over US$100 billion more than US banks
- All US banks, with the exception of Wells Fargo (-9%), Chase (-7%), and BankUnited (-6%), improve their brand value
- Growth of European banks is pedestrian, with German banks losing 24% of value, but Banca Mediolanum stands out as the fastest-growing brand in the world, up 82% year on year
- Sberbank of Russia claims the title of the world’s strongest banking brand, with a score of 93.1 out of 100 and an AAA+ rating
“Sberbank’s high-quality services and products create the kind of loyalty that results in long-term customer relationships. Unparalleled within Russia, the bank can deepen its relationship with customers and extend into new products, services and even industries.”
David Haigh, CEO of Brand Finance