Brand Finance Global 500 2020.
Published on 22.01.2020
- Amazon makes history as first brand to exceed US$200 billion value mark and retains title of world’s most valuable brand for third consecutive year
- Lidl and Aldi are fastest-growing brands in retail proving that e-commerce is no longer only route to success in sector
- Squeezed by OTT competition and challenger brands, 4 out of 5 telecoms in ranking lose brand value, with AT&T fastest-falling – down 32%
- Worry of brand bubble bursting as tech brands face reality check – failure to meet expectations slashes Uber’s brand value by one third, but Tesla races ahead as world’s fastest-growing brand
- Following largest IPO in history, Saudi Aramco is most valuable new entrant to 2020 ranking, claiming 24th place globally
- Ferrari retains pole position as world’s strongest brand with Brand Strength Index (BSI) score of 94.1 out of 100 and elite AAA+ rating
"The disrupter of the entire retail ecosystem, the brand that boasts the highest brand value ever, Amazon continues to impress across
imperishable consumer truths: value, convenience, and choice. Today, Amazon’s situation seems more than comfortable, but what will the roaring twenties hold in store?"
David Haigh, CEO, Brand Finance