Brand Finance Media 25 2019.
Published on 10.07.2019
The annual report on the world’s most valuable and strongest media brands.
- 5 digital streaming brands enter latest Brand Finance Media 25 2019 ranking for the first time, causing traditional networks to slide down the ranks
- Disney defends title as world’s most valuable media brand, following 40% brand value growth to US$45.8 billion
- US brands dominate ranking with 18 entries in top 25
- China’s digital challenger iQiyi is industry’s fastest-growing brand, up a whopping 326% since 2018
- ESPN is sector’s strongest brand, with BSI score 88.9 out of 100
“Digital streaming platforms have revolutionised home entertainment, as they are better able to adapt to the needs of modern consumers seeking on-demand and advertising-free content. As customer preferences evolve at a faster pace than ever, the new platforms will need to continue to build relationships with consumers to stay ahead of the curve”.
David Haigh, CEO, Brand Finance