Brand Finance Retail 50 2019.
Published on 21.03.2019
The annual report on the most valuable and strongest retail brands
- Tech giant Amazon lunges further into retail space, defending title as world’s most valuable retail brand, brand value US$187.9 billion, AAA- brand strength rating
- Stark contrast in China: Alibaba up 51% to US$14.6 billion, JD.com down 42% to US11.4 billion
- US giant Lowe jumps three spots to 4th place, growing 49% to US$23.9 billion, closing gap with rival Home Depot
- Canada’s Circle K fastest growing, up 60% to US$5.9 billion
- 7-Eleven is strongest retail brand, 85.9 out of 100 BSI score
"Amazon is continuing to grow at an unprecedented rate, through snapping up more strategic acquisitions across a huge variety of businesses: from home security brand Ring to online pharmacy retailer PillPack. Amazon’s dominance over the retail space emphasises the strength of the e-commerce giant as it leaves competitors in the traditional bricks and mortar space lagging further behind."
David Haigh CEO of Brand Finance