Brand Finance Utilities 50 2019.
Published on 13.06.2019
The annual report on the most valuable and strongest utilities brands.
- China’s State Grid breaks US$50 billion brand value mark, leaving competitors behind
- Engie joins State Grid and EDF on the podium, beating Enel to 3rd place
- DTE Energy is the fastest-growing brand in the Brand Finance Utilities 50 study this year, as six other US brands enter the ranking for the first time
- British brands struggle in a changing market, as German ones adapt successfully
- South Korea’s KEPCO is the sector’s strongest brand, the only one with an elite AAA brand rating
- Malaysia’s Tenaga Nasional is a brand to watch as it improved its brand strength score by 8 points over the past year, more than any other brand in the ranking
“With reforms in progress and a growing awareness of the consequences of climate change, the utilities sector could be on the brink of a more aggressive shift towards renewables and sustainable energy sources. Those companies that embrace the change in emphasis and successfully adapt their brand architectures and brand strategies will emerge as the leaders in the industry.”
Richard Haigh, Managing Director, Brand Finance